Purchasing real estate will most likely be the biggest investment you will ever make with financial and lifestyle implications. The Mullins Group believes buying a home or other real estate should be a rewarding, exciting, and fun experience for you. Although there has never been a better time to buy, today’s market can be difficult to navigate given the number of lender-mediated properties on the market. Now more than ever you need an experienced real estate agent to navigate and advise you through the buying process.
Mullins Group professionals are the Market Experts
We specialize in all real estate sectors, so whether you are buying a primary residence, second home, investment property, retirement home, or other real estate you can count on our expertise to guide you all along the way.
Streamline the home buying process
The Mullins Group knows your time is valuable. We will streamline the home buying process by researching your needs and market availability.
- Show homes which meet your wants and needs and prioritize homes that meet your tastes and lifestyle
- Preview homes on your behalf
- Keep you informed of market activity in communities and neighborhoods you desire
- Implement an online home search that will notify you instantly with extensive information regarding properties that meet your criteria
- Help determine a fair and marketable offering price
- Prepare, present, and negotiate offers to purchase
- Review inspection results and renegotiate as necessary
- Act as a liaison between you, your lending institution, and closing company to ensure all parties involved are “on the same page” to ensure no details are overlooked
- Provide advice on remodeling, upgrades, additions, changes, and construction costs that can make an nearly perfect home just right
- Assistance with municipal zoning codes and comprehensive plans, property tax review and valuation, utility costs, maintenance costs, and other issues that could affect your home purchase.
- Network of professional service providers such as mortgage lenders, home inspectors, title companies, appraisers, builders, and remodelers.
Please contact The Mullins Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.922.7310 to discuss the buying process.
What can I afford?
In general, most industry experts agree a home is “affordable” at about 3.0 to 3.5 times your annual income. Income may include salary, dividends, social security benefits, etc. To estimate how much you can afford, you will need to assess some key questions, such as:
- How much you can afford to spend on monthly mortgage payments?
- How much money you need each month to meet other obligations? (i.e. utilities, home maintenance, groceries, all other expenses, etc.)
- How much you have saved for your down payment.
- How much money you will need for closing costs? (usually estimated at about 3% of the purchase price)
Lenders offering conventional loans generally do not want you to spend more than 28% of your gross income on your home mortgage payment. Including other expenses, lenders like a debt-to-income ratio of no more than 36% of all your long-term debts combined.
Before you begin your home search we HIGHLY recommend consulting a mortgage lender to give you a ballpark figure on what you qualify for. Please see the links below to calculate the how much house you can afford:
Lots and Land
The Mullins Group has extensive experience with new construction and subdivision guidelines. When buying land or lots, the Mullins Group can assist you and evaluate the following criteria:
- Local zoning ordinances and building restrictions
- Building lot size/acreage
- Lot Conditions and topography
- Utilities and infrastructure
- Lot price
- Lot premiums (i.e. walk-outs, look-outs, etc.)
Building a new home can be a complex and daunting task. The Mullins Group has extensive experience working with new construction, builders/developers, and the products they market. The Mullins Group will represent you on your behalf and provide expert advice when working with builders/developers and navigating all the new construction details. Finally, there is no out-of-pocket costs for the buyer as the developer or builder pays your Realtor’s commission.
The Mullins Group offers the following services:
- Builder recommendations based on your needs, style, and price point
- Preview builders, subdivisions, and communities that meet your specifications
- Assist in lot selection
- Assist in identifying floor plans
- Prepare and negotiate a contract with the builder that protects your interests
- Secure the best possible terms and price
- Assist in features and color selections
- Review and recommend finishes and upgrades
- Review your architectural plans, floor layouts, soil reports, covenants, title work, and HOA documents
- Review the builders warranty
- Arrange and provide input on a pre-construction meeting with the builder
- Conduct several site visits during construction to review progress
- Conduct a final walk-through and punch list to ensure all items are completed prior to closing or guaranteed to be finished in a specified time.
- Attend closing